Special selection class
EJU Advanced Class
EJU Advanced Course is focused on preparation to meet the Japanese language requirements for entering Japanese universities. EJU is an abbreviation of The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students. In general, popular universities require high scores in the EJU examination. The examination not only evaluates Japanese proficiency, but also basic academic abilities and the social studies, science and mathematics required to study at universities. UJS hybrids class teaching and online study to maximize students’ academic potential in a short period.
- Meet the Japanese language and EJU requirements for entry into popular universities.
- Improve and develop your listening, reading, writing and speaking abilities of Japanese to university level.
- Limited access study room is available for EJU Advanced students.
- Academic and career counselling.
- Preparation for the EJU is conducted by the latest online study system.
- Complete in one and a half years full time.
The curriculum is designed to meet admission requirements for Japanese universities. UJS offers a comprehensive preparation course for solidly passing EJU examination. For students who desire to study in Japanese universities, it is a very helpful course.
Practicing using sentence structure and verbs learned in the beginner course and applying polite language.
Learning sentence structure and vocabularies needed for the intermediate course.
Practicing reading longer sentences.
(Convert to JLPT)
- Be able to extract the gist from conversations containing unlearned words and expressions
- Be able to establish mutual understanding with Japanese outside of the school
- Be able to use polite expression
Practicing sentence structure and expression for conversation
Learning and organizing vocabularies in kanji, adverbs and idioms
Exercises in reading comprehension of long sentences
Practicing listening and reading comprehension leading to skills needed for listening lectures
(Convert to JLPT)
- Be able to understand most conversations by Japanese
- Be able to speak fluently on various topics
- Be able to read quickly and read and write sentences in meaningful chunks
Discussing various issues (Japanese culture, events, and current topics)
Learning technical Japanese and acquiring skills needed for conducting research
Writing articles and reports on a theme
Practicing conversations that can be used in business situations
(Convert to JLPT)
- Acquire better reading comprehension abilities and sentence composition skills
- Advance education by touching upon Japanese culture, literature, history and society
- Develop the ability to make use of logical thinking and comprehension abilities that are required at universities, technical schools and companies
Monday to Friday
EJU Advanced Course
|EJU Japanese Course||EJU Entrance Exam Course|
|9:00 – 12:30||13:30 – 17:00|
|45 minutes X 4 periods||Online study (3 hours 30 minutes)|
|15 hours/week||17 hours 30 minutes/week|
|School Term||Application Period||Study Abroad Period|
|October||April – May||1 year and 6 months|
＊Fees of speech contest and graduation ceremony are included in the tuition fee. Participants are required to pay 15 per cent of a school field trip fee.
|Student Administration Fee||¥97,600|
|International Student Health Insurance Fee||¥15,800|
|JLPT Examination Fee||¥11,000|
|EJU Examination Fee||¥28,600|
|Tuition Fee (First Year)||¥862,000|
|Total Fee (First Year)||¥1,100,000|
|Tuition Fee(Second Year)||¥450,000|
|Total (tax-included price)||¥1,550,000|